As mentioned earlierthere are mainly two types of SEO
Off page SEO
On page SEO
- Off page SEO include backlink building ,social Media sharing etc..
- On page SEO include optimizing the page content such as using right keyword in the title ,description etc.
Lets talk about on page SEO
On page SEO
Finding the right keyword
On page optimization begins with keyword research ( finding the right keyword).It is the first step of on page optimization.After finding the right keyword you can use it in the title ,description etc.
The targeted keyword should have
- high search volume (it should be searched by many people) and
- low competition
You can use tools such as SEMRUSH, or Google AdWords, to find the right keyword ,these tools will show the percentage of search volume and percentage of competition of a particular keyword
9 Steps of on page optimization
- After picking the right keyword you should use that keyword in the title of the post ,then wrap the title in the heading (H1) ,then use the targeted keyword in the subheading (H2) of the post. You should also use the targeted keyword in the first paragraph of the post ( first 100 words)
- 2.Outbound links should be present in the post -An outbound link will direct your visitor to another website and will provide more information related to your topic ,you should create outbound link with website with high quality such as Wikipedia
- 3.You should interlink the posts of your website with each other .Interlinking will make your visitor to go from one post to another post of your website and this will make the visitor stay in your website for a long time and will help to increase the page ranking include images or videos
,the images which you use should be compressed which would help to reduce the loading speed of your website.
You should give the file name for the image eg: for a Volvo car you can give file name volvo-car.jpg(use hyphen b/w words)
.Another important thing in image optimization is giving an alt tag (alternative text for the image)
Search engines can’t read image so it will read it as a blank space and this will affect the page ranking of your website. So giving an alt tag and file name is important.It will make the search engine understand that there is an image.
- 6. Websites speed- loading speed of your website is one of the crucial factor of page ranking ,there is a chance of visitors leaving your site if it loads slow this will make Google to rank your website to lower.
To load your website faster you should use a good webhosting such as Bluehost
, a good webhosting is expensive but it worth it because a webhosting will automatically provide all those factors which your website need to rank higher such as SSL certificate ( which protects all the sensitive information of your visitors and Google does prefer a SSL certificate to rank higher) .
Webhosting also provide CDN (which would help to load the website fast
Having high taffic is very important to get approval from monetizing program such as Google AdSense
7. Your website should be mobile friendly – Mobile friendliness of the website is one of the most important factor of SEO .
8. Content should be very long – Posts with long content rank higher in the search engine than the short posts ,there should be 1000 words or more in each post.Many High paying affiliate programs consider length of the content as an important factor to give approval such as Google AdSense
9.Quality of the content- quality of the content is also an important factor of SEO ,content should be original and not copied, you should research on the topic and collect important data ,prepare an outline of the content before start writing. Content should include relevant points
Among the 200 factors of SEO each factor have it’s own importance. And combination of all these factors influence page ranking in Google.
here is a funny saying that
” if you want to hide a dead body ,you can hide it in the second page of Google search result ”
This indicates the importance of SEO and bringing website on the first page of google search results.